Full Name: Christopher Catesby Harington
Date of Birth: December 26, 1986
Hometown: Worcester, Worcestershire (England, United Kingdom)
Parents: Deborah Jane Catesby (Mother), David Richard Harington (Father)
Siblings: John Catesby Harington (Brother)
Education/Training: Central School of Speech and Drama
- Wanted to be a cameraman, a war correspondent and a journalist when he was young.
- Landed the role of Albert Narracott in the play War Horse while still at drama school.
- Played the lead role of Albert Narracott in the Royal National Theatre’s London production of the play War Horse at the National Theatre’s Olivier Theatre and at the New London Theatre (London’s West End).
- He made his television debut in Game of Thrones.
- He wore a wig for filming the Game of Thrones pilot but grew his hair out for the rest of the first season.
- Sees himself first and foremost as a theatre trained actor, TV and film are a welcome bonus.
- Would love to be in a Ridley Scott or Martin Scorcese movie.
- His ideal role to play would be Henry V.
- Describes his taste in reading, theatre and film as “usually quiet dark, not particularly heartwarming and funny”.
- Descended from a viscount who served as Britain’s Secretary of War at the turn of the 19th century, and is a nephew of a baronet; the family is listed in Burke’s Peerage.
“You know obviously a big TV or film break would be lovely, but I find that I’m essentially a theatre trained actor and that’s what I love doing. I love fringe theatres in London, I love theatres like the Royal Court, Soho and the National obviously and if I could work in any of those and be a jobbing actor for a while then I’m very lucky.”
— On his next career move
“Albert is a passionate young guy. At the start of the play he’s very susceptible and shy but he finds confidence in nurturing this horse [Joey] and so grows into a man with Joey, but is still quite passionate and heated at times [...]. His life and soul is his horse essentially.”
— On the role of Albert Narracott
“All the way up until sixth form I wanted to be a journalist, that’s what I always wanted to do. I liked acting but I didn’t see it as something I would do. I got as far as my A-levels and thought ‘You know what. I do like this and if I’m going to do it then I’m going to give it my best shot.’”
— On his career
If you wish to contact Kit, the best way is to send a letter to his agency (address below). Please be respectful in your correspondence and if you are requesting an autograph, be sure to include a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Unfortunately I don’t know if he sends back autographs or responds to any mail personally but its definitely worth a try. Please let me know if you receive anything back.
United Agents Ltd.
12-26 Lexington Street
London, W1F 0LE